Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Birthday Boy

Monday, my son turned three years old.

Holy freaking cow. That just blows my mind.

But then again, I think I was kinda prepared for it. For the past 3 months or so he has been acting very much like a "big boy" and not so much like a toddler. It makes me sad to see his baby/toddler phases fly right out the door, but it is very fun to see him turn into a little boy. And if he were reading this he would make sure to tell me that he is NOT a little boy, he is a big boy. :)


I don't have a ton of pictures to show you yet, and that is because his party is not until this weekend. But I do have two pictures from his birthday morning I can share if you want! They are pretty cute, if I do say so myself.


We started with pancakes for breakfast (his request). He called them his "birthday pancakes" and was VERY excited when he saw birthday candles sticking out of them. All through breakfast he kept thanking us for his birthday. It was THE cutest thing ever.


3-yr-pancake-breakfast





pancake-breakfast2



After breakfast he opened his gifts (which I will blog about later.), played with said gifts all morning, we went to the riverquarium (his idea), came home and played with his toys some more, went to Mimi and Poppie's house for a family celebration, ate cake, and came home and crashed. Even though it was not the official party day, he enjoyed the heck out of it.

He told me, "Mamma, I am so happy. My birthday makes me happy." It melted me. I just love this kid, and I love that he loved his simple birthday so much.


I'll be back soon to tell you how the party went! :)

1 comment:

jamie b said...

awesome pictures! he has a priceless expression in that first one.

i can't wait to hear about the rest of his day :)