Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day Recap

We started a new Valentines Day tradition. Its a yummy one. Its a sinful one. But it is going to be my favorite tradition of all times.



Chocolate covered strawberries. Aka: heaven in your mouth. This is one of my favorite things about Valentines Day.




Well, that and my pretty flowers. :)


Enough about me. Lets move onto the real reason for this post.



Zachariah received two valentine cards in the mail. One from Daniel's grandparents (Opa and Grandma Pat) and one from my grandmother (Grandma Howell). This made Zachariah's day. He was very excited about the fact that he got letters!




My grandmother included a picture in her letter. It was a picture of a salamander that used to be a "pet" at my grandparents mountain property. As random as a picture of a salamander may seem, it was one of the cutest things ever. My grandma (Grandma Sweet Pea is what the great grand kids call her) and Zachariah have an inside joke about salamanders. Its adorable. And so she mailed a picture of one for him. And he carries it around everywhere.




Daniel's grandparents didn't disappoint either. Inside the card was some nice green money! And what did Zachariah do with the cash?



He threw it into the air and repeatedly said, "I got five dollars!". Crazy kid.


So a big thanks goes out to Grandpa Pat (and Opa) and Grandma Sweet Pea! You all made his day very special. :)




And I will allow you to have one more glance at the chocolate covered fruit.

You are welcome.



I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentines Day! And please share your Valentines traditions. I might want to steal them. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think those would help me feel better! Just saying!!
Mom