Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gung-Gung

Does everyone remember Zachariah's giraffe blanket? Well, I call it a giraffe blanket. Zachariah named it "gung-gung". I have no clue how that name came into existence, but sure enough that is what he calls it. A while back I just thought that he could not pronounce the word giraffe, but turns out that was not the issue. In fact, we were in a store the other day and we saw a giraffe blanket almost exactly like "gung-gung". It was just a little furrier and had brighter colors. Zachariah looked at it and said "Look, giraffe!". Then he picked up "gung-gung" and hugged it. He didn't even consider the two things similar!

And just in case you are wondering, he is just as attached to it as ever.




He honestly believe that he considers "gung-gung" his friend. He will include that giraffe blanket in everything that he does. Coloring, reading, watching the Christmas train, watching tv, playing with Daddy (he even makes Daniel "talk" for "gung-gung". It is HILARIOUS.) In the picture above he is showing "gung-gung" the squirrels outside. How cute is that?




I am going to cry when the day comes where Zachariah doesn't need "gung-gung". That and his paci are about the only things that constantly remind me of his baby days. *tear*


And yes, I am aware that I have the cutest kid on the face of the earth. Thanks for the reminder though. :)

4 comments:

tammii nowack said...

YOu never know...he might not ever want to get rid of it.

My parents gave Owen his blanket in the hospital when he was born and he STILL sleeps with it at night.
And he's SEVEN.

LOL :)

Anonymous said...

So sweet!! Funny. I don't remember you older three having something you had to have or sleep with! Did you? I might just be having one of those forgetful moments! :)
love,
Mom

Wren said...

I became attached to a blue blanket (that I called Blanky... original, I know) and I still have it to this day and would feel absolutely lost without it. It went everyhere I went growing up! Chloe now sleeps with it, which makes me so happy! :)

Debbie Titus said...

He's so adorable. Security and friendship from gung gung is not a bad thing. He certainly interacts well with others and it is probably because he gets along with gung gung so well!!

Love ya'll