Friday, September 04, 2009

Laundry Basket Fun

I used to think that our laundry baskets were kind of dumb. I mean, the dryer, couch and bed usually hold all of our laundry just fine... so I am not sure why I ever purchased those pesky baskets.

That being said, I am sure it comes as no surprise to learn that my son gets more use out of these things than we do. Here are some pictures of Zachariah when he was first introduced to my laundry baskets. He was 6 months old in both of these pictures. (And so dang cute!!!!)


That was back in the day when he had just learned how to sit up. He wasn't even mobile yet! All he did was sit and smile at me. Boy did I have it easy back then. *sigh*

You know what he does with them now?


He not only sits in them,



but he also makes funny faces



...pretends to be a "tu-tle"



...then pretends to be an upside down "tu-tle"




... and sits on the tops of the baskets




...and then stands in one while wearing the other on his head.



I don't know, but something tells me that he is getting more enjoyment out of these useless laundry baskets nowadays. I am glad that my horrible housekeeping habits brings him some joy in life. :)


(Oh, and just in case you were wondering, I had to Google "nowadays" because I had no clue if it was even a real phrase.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad he enjoys the baskets!! He does make them look fun doesn't he. But I'm with you, laundry baskets are not so much fun for me either.

Love,
Mimi

Raine said...

Adorable!! I wish I could hear him say tu-tle. :) Tell him that tu-tle's are my favorite!

jamie b said...

so cute! and he's so creative! :)