Monday, September 07, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

Is that something that is actually said? Does anyone walk down the street and shout "HAPPY LABOR DAY!" to passersby? I don't imagine that it is a real phrase, so lets just pretend I didn't say it, ok? Thanks.

Our labor day weekend was both exhausting and relaxing. While we had nothing pressing to do, we sure did wear ourselves out with the few activities that we had in store for the weekend. So since I am exhausted and in desperate need of a nap, I am going to end this post with a few pictures from our day.


Here is my adorably cute cousin. She was making sure to take good care of Zachariah today. It was nice knowing that someone was following him around everywhere. It allowed me to sit on the couch for a few minutes and have some actual adult conversation.



Zachariah got to explore my grandfathers garden for the first time today! This was actually a major highlight of my day. I hadn't been down there in years, so that was a nice walk down memory lane for me. I plan to go back down there to try and get some good pictures of Z next time we are over. There were some places that were just screaming to have their picture taken. :)



And then Nana played a little peek-a-boo with Zachariah in the butter beans! How cute is that?!



Oh, and did I mention that I made lemon bars? Yeah. I did. And they are delicious. A recipe will be coming in a week or two, so keep your eyes peeled!


Ok. That is all the randomness you will get for now. If I feel so inclined, I may post a few more pics of our day later on in the week. But you get the gist. We ate, explored, ate again, played pool, sat around so the food would digest, then ate some more.

Hope you gained as much weight as I did this weekend! :)

1 comment:

Raine said...

Oh my goodness!! Those lemon bars look amazing!! (Must scroll past them before I drool on the keyboard...!)