Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Yogurt

Last week I bought a whole tub of organic plain yogurt. I had no clue why I decided that I needed this, but I plopped it into the shopping cart and went on my merry way.

The day after I bought it, I put some cut up fruit in the yogurt and gave some to Z. I had hopes of him saying "Mmmm! Dishis!", but he hated this stuff. Apparently the plain yogurt taste was still too strong. He definitely preferred Daddy's yogurt with all the preservatives and junk. Of course.


So there it sat, a tub of plain yogurt, with no one to eat it. Seriously folks, who eats PLAIN yogurt? Blegh.

Not more than a day after I had convinced myself this yogurt was going to rot in the fridge, I read a post that MckMama wrote. It gave a recipe of how to "make" your own yogurt using (drum roll please) ... a tub of organic plain yogurt! WOOHOO! (Click here to see the recipe.)

I was pumped. Seriously, Zachariah and I made that sucker about an hour after I read the recipe. And it was SO EASY. Luckily I had all the necessary ingredients on hand (yogurt, honey, vanilla, strawberries, blueberries and banana). We just threw them into a blender and whabam! We had a huge container full of yogurt that Zachariah will actually eat.


Doesn't it look yummy??

MckMama's looks more pinkish. I think I may have skimped on the strawberries. But at that point, I didn't too much care. I am just glad that tub of yogurt did not go to waste. I would have never heard the end of it from my hubby.

:)

1 comment:

Raine said...

Yum! That's a fantastic idea. I'd like to order 4 cups, please. ;)