Thursday, August 20, 2009

Book Review Thursday... Kind Of.

We have some friends. These friends are some of the most giving people we have ever met. Everything they own is in pristine condition. They buy quality stuff, and when the don't want it anymore (due to an upgrade or lack of room), they give it away. They don't sell it, but they give it.

Over the past three years, they have given us quite a bit. A few of the items would include patio furniture, a wide screen flat screen TV, a bread maker, a juicer (that I have yet to use, but I am hoping to break that puppy out soon!) and a refrigerator (more on that later).

So yeah. They are sweet, sweet people.

Earlier this week their daughter (who was in my very first preschool class!) came across some books that she has had since she was little. She has outgrown them and asked if she could give them to Zachariah.

How sweet is that?


This is one of the books. It is a collection of Little Golden Books. I was pumped. I LOVE the Little Golden Books. And we haven't bought any for Z yet, so this was perfect!!



The Poky Little Puppy. I heart this story. And Zachariah has shown great interest in it as well, considering there are ADORABLE little dogs all in it. :)



Scuffy The Tugboat anyone? Yeah, I remember this one like I read it yesterday.

And I did. But that isn't the point.



Ah yes. The Saggy Baggy Elephant. I LOVE this one. The elephant is just so darn cute. Seriously. This story has always made me wish I had a pet baby elephant.


There are about seven more stories in this book, including The Good Humor man, The Fuzzy Duckling, I Can Fly, The Lion's Paw, and more!

Am I the only one that enjoys reminiscing about these stories?



The other book is full of 18 classic Disney stories. I haven't made my way through that one yet, but it looks amazing. I cant wait to read these to my little man!

So yeah. We are all pretty pumped about these books.


I am counting this as my book review. And there is nothing you can do about it.

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those stories too!!! Great book review.

Love,
Mimi

jamie b said...

awww! those are definite keepers. there are some great stories in those books!