Friday, June 26, 2009

My Crazy Kid

Last summer I posted a video and some pictures of Zachariah in his very first pool. That pool is adorable and all, but we needed something a little bigger this year. You know, something that could hold Mommy AND Zachariah. :)

After searching high and low, we found a winner! Zachariah LOVES being in this pool. He asks to go out and play in the "wa-wa" every morning and every afternoon. With the help of a few pool toys, bath toys, and random cups from the kitchen, a fun time is had by all.


When we are over at a friend's house, or visiting a new place, one might think my son is pretty calm. Some might even use the term reserved. When people tell me this I go ahead and laugh a little bit to myself.




Looking at these pictures he almost has ME fooled! I mean, seriously. He really does look so peaceful... so content to play with a sifter from his bucket-o-sand toys.




But then I see this look. Still sweet, but a little on the mischievous side. I try to anticipate his next move, but he has given me NOTHING. No clue whatsoever of what he might do. Is he going to throw the sifter at me? Try to heave himself over the edge of the pool (a new found talent of his)? Maybe he will just tell me a funny joke. That would be a nice change of pace.




Then all of a sudden, with virtually no warning at all, this happens...




The splash fest of '09 is what I like to call it.




Ah. That's more like it. Calm and reserved. This is how I roll. Now I can get in the pool and catch some rays.

Except I can't. Because now it is time for jump fest '09...




Oh dear goodness. Here comes some more.





It may look like he is in the middle of a meltdown here, but he just gets into the whole jumping thing.




Mom, do you want to play with my ducky?




Too bad. I will ninja kick you instead! Hi-yah!




Oh yeah. remember his new found talent for climbing over the side of the pool? Yeah. he wanted to make sure to show off for you guys.


Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Love,
Amy Lynn, Daniel, and Muscle Man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Amy Lynn you are so entertaining!
Love,
Mom (Nana)

jamie b said...

you are doing an awesome job blogging amy lynn! z and b will get along so well! they both love to splash. :) he is precious! next time we come to town we need to have a playdate.

Anonymous said...

This is great. I love the stories of Zachariah!! Why don't you write a whole book and get it published!!

Love you all,
Mimi