Friday, January 16, 2009

Question For Ya

Ever since Zachariah was six months old, he has been a FABULOUS sleeper. He sleeps from 8pm to 8am without waking up AT ALL (unless he is sick). The only sleep aids he needs are a paci and his favorite blanket/stuffed animal. He has never had to be rocked, bounced or sung to sleep. Oh. He also takes two hour and a half naps during the day. Needless to say, he loves his sleep.

The past four nights or so he has been waking up at pretty much the same time every night. Any time between 11:20 and 11:40 PM he will wake up crying. It is very unlike him, and he doesn't really seem to need much when I go in there. He calms down immediately, lets me lay him back down and eventually falls back asleep with no problem at all.

I am about to google it... but I figured I would go ahead and call on all of you people with kiddies just in case I didn't find anything. :) Did your kids ever do this? Do you know why? And do you know a solution to it?

Thanks!!

4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

all 3 of mine are wonderful sleepers and also go through strange periods like this. then eventually it just goes away and their sleep patterns return to normal. james is the one doing it most often now, but i think it is teething related!

tammi said...

Yup, probably just a phase that he'll grow out of. Tyler did it for awhile too...I would go in and rock him for 10 minutes or so and he would go right back down until morning. It only lasted a couple of weeks though.

christy said...

Ashley did that every time she teethed. Even through when she was 2!! She would actually have "night terrors" and would just cry out in the middle of the night and I would go in and pat her back and she would calm down. One time we couldn't even wake her from the dream.LOL Anyway,I would say it could be teething.

Anonymous said...

Well, with my kids, all of them needed to stop napping so much when they kept waking me up at night. Since you know.... I'm an experienced mother...


:) Or take it as my diagnosis as a Doctor, either one works for me.