Friday, October 10, 2008

Delish

Casey, over at Namaste, posted a vegetarian recipe a while back. Since I am not a vegetarian, and have no desire to become one I just kind of ignored it. BUT I recently visited it again out of curiosity. And because I am wanting to find a few healthy "lunch" ideas. It seemed easy enough to make, so I gave it a try. And much to my surprise, it was quite yummy!! So I want to share it with all of you in bloggerland... just in case you didn't catch it on Casey's blog.

MEATLESS (Chicken/Tuna-esque) SALAD

Ingredients:
-1 can- garbanzo beans (chick peas)
-Ranch Dressing-or mayonnaise ( I used Ranch... had a more "salad feel" to it)
-Onion-chopped finely (I don't like onions... so I just sprinkled in some Onion Powder)
-Relish-(I used sweet, but you may also use dill)
-Seasoning-salt, pepper, garlic salt, lemon pepper, season all, paprika, etc.

Drain & mash garbanzo beans. Then add ranch dressing and stir to coat. Toss in onion and relish. Then season to taste.

* I served mine on a tortilla shell with a tiny bit of shredded cheese and a hand full of lettuce. It made a tasty little wrap!


Many thanks to Casey for the yummy recipe. And if any of you have some yummy, easy, and healthy recipes, I would LOVE for you to share them... either in the comment section, or on your own blog! :)

No comments: