Friday, August 08, 2008

MMMMM Good

Since Zachariah is eating nothing but table foods, I have had to be a bit creative. I don't want to feed him fruit and yogurt for the rest of his life... so I am forced to actually use my noodle. Here is one of mine and Z's favorites. I call them Zucchini Fritters. My mom made them all the time when I was growing up and they are yummy! I don't even necessarily like zucchini, so if you are not a veggie fan, no worries. You can hardly taste it. Here ya go!

Zucchini
Fritters

1 1/2 cups of self-rising flour
1 cup of shredded cheese
1 cup of milk
1 cup of shredded zucchini (one medium sized zucchini)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
A couple shakes of garlic powder

-Preheat oven to 375
- mix up all ingredients and spoon into muffin pan
- Bake for 20 minutes (or until lightly golden on top)
- Makes about 18 fritters... depending on how full you get the muffin cups.

Note:
-If you want to change it up a bit, you can add a cup of squash, or carrots or some other veggie along with the Zucchini (Zachariah likes squash and zucchini in his).
- These are really easy to freeze. I freeze half of them so that I don't have to bake them as often.

Enjoy! Let me know if you make them and what kinof veggies you use!

1 comment:

tammi said...

I'll vouch for these because they are GOOD. :) Easy and I usually double 'em up and freeze a batch of them for later.

I've used zucchini and yellow squash - maybe in the fall acorn squash or butternut squash would be good?? I dunno...

and I also add a little extra cheddar cheese and basil to mind....they're like a healthy version of Red Lobster's cheddar bisquits. :)

Thanks for the recipe...I haven't made these in awhile...I might have to whip some up tomorrow. :)